Supriya Sule, @supriya_sule, Member of Parliament Baramati, Maharashtra :
- Discussed the Issue of Women Safety and Domestic Violence on Facebook through a live session.
- Along with the COVID-19 pandemic outside,there is a ‘shadow pandemic’ raging inside Indian homes.
- The lockdown means that a woman cannot step out of the house to escape her abusive spouse.
- We have taken this proactive step to prevent similar cases from occurring in the Pune rural region. Vigilance committees, consisting of women from three agencies — the Women and Child Department, Anganwadi workers from self-help groups (SHGs) and panchayat samitis — will visit houses in each ward of a gram panchayat.
- The tormentors would be transferred to an institutional quarantine facility, which could mean a town hall or a village lodge or any other facility.
- An Economic Crisis is expected to arise because of this pandemic. Unfortunately this would be all the more difficult for women to manage their household.
- We will find a solution to this problem. Let us be optimistic. We will Fight and Win the war against Virus.