Sukhbir Singh Badal, @officeofssbadal, Former Dy CM Punjab :
- Akali Dal urges the GoI to give bonus on Wheat MSP besides sending a team to inquire into misappropriation & embezzlement of food material despatched to Punjab.
- Resolutions to this effect were passed at a meeting of the party’s core committee held through video conferencing.
- The core committee demanded Punjab govt to remove the glut in ‘mandis’ by lifting wheat and helping those in crisis through direct cash transfers and waiver of electricity bills and also announce bonus to offset the losses being suffered by farmers in this hour of crisis.
- Punjabb govt should come to the aid of ‘Khet mazdoor’ & daily wagers through DBTs besides waiving off power bills of all blue card holders for 3 months.
- The party also wants the State to waive off fixed charges for industry for 3 months & do away with MC taxes for a similar period.
- While paying condolences to Bhai Nirmal Singh Ji, ACP Anil Kohli and all other COVIDー19 victims in the State, the core committee resolved to demand a HC judge’s inquiry into the medical negligence & subsequent disrespect shown to the mortal remains of Bhai Nirmal Singh.
- Party’s core committee thanked PM @narendramodi Ji, HM @AmitShah ji, Maharashtra CM @OfficeofUT, @HarsimratBadal_ and the #HazurSahib mgmt committee for their collective efforts which had resulted in the start of repatriation of Sikhs pilgrims stranded in Nanded back to Punjab.
- The core committee members also thanked the #SGPC, @Akali_Dal_ workers as well as NGOs for the unprecedented ‘langar’ services initiated by them to help the poor and needy in this hour of crisis.