Joint Secretary, @MoHFW_INDIA, via @PIB_India:
- A study by @ICMRDELHI had earlier found out that R0 – a measure of how many persons one infected person can infect – is in the range 1.5 – 4.
- A recent study has examined this, and found that if R0 is assumed to be 2.5, then a single person, in the absence of any lockdown or #SocialDistancing measures, can infect up to 406 people in 30 days.
- On the other hand, if social exposure is reduced by 75%, then the same one infected person can infect only 2.5 people.
- Hence, again request you to follow #SocialDistancing, it is social vaccine in management of #COVID2019
- States are taking proactive measures to contain the spread of #COVID2019.
- Medical screening of contacts is being increased and implementation of lockdown is being taken up effectively.