Aaditya Thackeray, @AUThackeray – Minister, Maharashtra Govt. :
- The current situation at Bandra Station, now dispersed or even the rioting in Surat is a result of the Union Govt not being able to take a call on arranging a way back home for migrant labour.
- They don’t want food or shelter, they want to go back home.
- Right from the day the trains have been shut down, the State had requested trains to run for 24 hours more so that migrant labour could go back home.
- CM Uddhav Thackeray ji raised this issue in the PM- CM Video Conf as well requesting a roadmap for migrant labour to reach home.
- A mutual road map set by Union Govt will largely help migrant labour to reach home from one state to another safely and efficiently.
- Time and again this issue has been raised with the centre.
- The law and order situation in Surat, Gujarat, largely has been seen as a similar situation and the feedback from all migrant labour camps is similar.
- Many are refusing to eat or stay in. Currently more than 6 lakh people are housed in various shelter camps across Maharashtra
Pic Credit : @AUThackeray