Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog, GOI :
- Congratulations to GoogleIndia, ICRIER and nasscom for the fascinating analysis and benchmarking done in the report “Implications of AI on the Indian Economy” Delighted to release the report.
- AI can power billion+ scale initiatives to achieve quality healthcare, education, financial inclusion etc. There is a need for a comprehensive and combined efforts from both government and India Tech Community to accelerate our AI efforts.
- India needs to focus on three key levers to build its AI competence:
a) Data: evolve from a data rich country to a data intelligent country,
b) Computing: availability of AI specific computing at scale and
c) Algorithms: powered by advances in research and development
- India consumes more data per person than China & Korea. India is digitising faster than rest of the world.
- We need to channelise this strength, clean up & annotate these humongous sources of data & create structured sets that can power AI algorithms. We need to power ahead in AI.