IT & Industries Minister KTR laid foundation stone for Genopolis- a multi-tenanted laboratory and manufacturing space for Lifesciences and Pharma companies in Genome Valley.
Minister KTR also inaugurated the Sai Life Sciences Research & Technology Centre at Genome Valley in Hyderabad :
- The R&T Centre of Sai Life Sciences, which is phase 1 of an integrated R&D campus is established with an investment of Rs. 400 Crores. The facility aims to be the nerve-centre of the company’s R&D capability and accelerate the discovery and development of new drugs.
- The new facility is spread over 83,000 sq ft with integral features such as 250 fume hoods, intelligent lab design, satellite analytical testing, process safety lab, collaborate workspaces and much more.
- It is a matter of pride for us that Hyderabad today is serving more than 1000 global innovators in their vision to improve healthcare and Research & Development around the globe
- Today, Hyderabad has an edge and a competitive advantage for becoming the R&D hub of Asia. We need companies like Sai Life Sciences to come forward and contribute to the growth of the Lifesciences sector
- We firmly believe in the four “E” mantra for growth – Economy, Environment, Employment and Empowerment and we are fully committed to supporting the life sciences sector.
- Hyderabad contributes about 40% of the National Pharma production, a third of the global vaccine production, among others. We are already home to over 800 life sciences companies including the likes of Novartis, GSK, Lonza, Chemo, Ferring, Mylan, among others
Source : Minister for IT, Industries