One Sun, One World, One GridArindam Bagchi – MEA India
Envisioning a global ecosystem of interconnected renewable energy green grids, PM Narendra Modi launched the Green Grids Initiative- One Sun One World One Grid (GGI-OSOWOG), jointly with UK PM Boris Johnson today at COP26
Prime Minister’s Office:
- The launch of ‘Infrastructure for Resilient Island States’ – IRIS, gives a new hope, a new confidence. It gives the satisfaction of doing something for the most vulnerable countries.
- I congratulate the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) for this.
- At this important forum, I extend my warm thanks to all the leaders of all the allied countries, including Australia and UK, and especially from small island groups, including Mauritius and Jamaica.
- I also thank the UN Secretary General for sparing his valuable time for this launch.
- The last few decades have proved that no one is untouched by the wrath of climate change. Whether they are developed countries or countries rich in natural resources, this is a big threat to everyone.
- But even here too, the biggest threat from climate change is to the ‘Small Island Developing States- SIDS’. It is a matter of life and death for them; it is a challenge to their existence. The disasters caused by climate change can literally take the form of catastrophe for them.
- In such countries, climate change is a major challenge not only for the security of their lives, but also for their economies.
- Such countries depend a lot on tourism, but due to natural calamities, even tourists are afraid to come there.
- Although SIDS countries have lived in harmony with nature for centuries, and they know how to adapt to the natural cycles.
- But due to the selfish behaviour shown in the past several decades, the unnatural form of nature has come to the fore, the result of which innocent Small Island States are facing today.
- And, therefore, for me, CDRI or IRIS is not just a matter of infrastructure, but it is part of the most sensitive responsibility of human welfare.
- It is the collective responsibility of all of us towards mankind.
- It is, in a way, a common atonement for our sins.
- CDRI is not a fantasy emanating from a seminar, but the birth of CDRI is the result of years of brainstorming and experience.
- Sensing the threat of Climate Change looming over small island countries, India made special arrangements for cooperation with Pacific islands and CARICOM nations.
- We trained their citizens in solar technologies, and contributed continuously to the development of infrastructure there.
- In continuation, today, from this platform I am announcing another new initiative from India.
- India’s space agency, ISRO will build a special data window for SIDS.
- With this, SIDS will continue to receive timely information about cyclones, coral-reef monitoring, coast-line monitoring, etc. through satellite.
- Both CDRI and SIDS have worked together to realize IRIS – a good example of co-creation and co-benefits.
- That’s why I consider the launch of IRIS today, very important.
- Through IRIS, it will be easy and faster for SIDS to mobilize technology, finance, and necessary information. Promotion of quality infrastructure in Small Island States will benefit both lives and livelihoods there.
- I have said earlier that the world considers these countries as low-population Small Islands, but I see these countries as Large Ocean States of great potential. Just as a garland of pearls from the sea adorns everyone, so the sea-bound SIDS adorns the world.
- I assure you that India will fully support this new project, and work closely with CDRI, other partner countries and the United Nations for its success.
- Greetings and best wishes to CDRI and all small island groups for this new initiative.
Thank you very much.
Ministry of Science & Technology:
While inaugurating advanced 650 teraflops supercomputing facility at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) at Mohali today, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology Dr Jitendra Singh announced that the Government will identify and promote 75 innovative Start-Ups in the 75th year of India’s independence and this new supercomputing facility will act as a facilitator for these Start-ups working in areas like Telemedicine, Digital Health, mHealth with BIG Data, AI, BlockChain and other technologies.
The Minister further said that the 75 Best Chosen Start-ups will be an asset for India to lead the country in the next 25 years, during the celebrations of Centenary of India’s Independence.
About NABI, Dr Jitendra Singh said, the facility has come up under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) in collaboration with C-DAC, Pune. The Minister said that this high-end facility will be a boon for the analysis of BIG DATA accruing from the large-scale genomics, functional genomics, structural genomics and population studies being carried out at various Institutes and universities of national and international repute.
Established with an approximate cost of Rs. 20 crores, The Minister said, this 650 teraflops supercomputing facility will be a unique in catering to the needs of the interdisciplinary cutting-edge research being carried out at the Institute related to Agricultural and Nutritional Biotechnology.
He said, it will also be available for the scientists of NABI and Centre of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) and will be open to collaborative work for the scientists/faculties working in the neighboring institutes/universities and for the projects sanctioned under NSM.
Following the inauguration, Dr.Jitendra Singh also launched two digital working platforms i.e.. NABI-Labify and e-Office at NABI & CIAB under the ‘Digital India’ Initiative.
NABI Labify is a unique software that facilitates the live tracking of funds, which are sanctioned for purchase of equipment, consumable, manpower, extramural projects etc.
In another related event, Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated i-RISE, Technology Business Incubator (TBI) at Mohali and said that it will provide world class research facilities for start-ups in the country. He said, with the formation of this Technology Business Incubator, city of Mohali will join the league of other Start-up hubs in the country like Bengaluru and Gurugram. The Minister hoped that TBI will become successful and end up becoming the Unicorn Start-up, adding to the ever-growing list of the Unicorn start-ups from India. Currently, India has 51 Unicorn Startups (3rd Highest in the world), he added.
Dr Jitendra Singh said, due to various schemes, focus and support system provided by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, 10,000 start-ups got registered in India in 2021 alone. He said, India now have 50,000 plus start-ups providing more than 2 lakh jobs in the country.
Dr Jitendra Singh said that supported by Department of Science and Technology and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, IISER Mohali, i-RISE Incubator will work to transform and build deep impact across the start-up ecosystem in the region, through innovation, knowledge and technology adoption. The Minister added that DST has always taken lead in providing the support to the science and technology-based innovations in the country and these Technology Business Incubators aim to nurture start-ups through scouting, supporting and scaling of innovations.
Dr Jitendra Singh informed that in the last over 7 years of the Modi Government, India has been consistently rising in the global start-up ecosystem and now it has 500 plus incubators network supporting innovation and entrepreneurship across the nation. He said that in terms of the number of technology based Start-Ups, the ranking of India is just next to US and India has jumped to 46th rank in the Global Innovation Index.
Abhishek Singhvi – MP, Congress leader:
Congress winning most of the seats in HP, Karnataka, Maharashtra & Rajasthan is a morale booster for Congress cadres.
This, coupled with Priyanka Gandhi’s dynamism & unpopularity of BJP at state level shall certainly add to the enthusiasm of cadres in UP.
KC Venugopal – General Secretary, Congress:
Many congratulations to the people of Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Karnataka & Maharashtra for choosing progress & prosperity in bypolls.
Congress is committed to serve each one of you with determination & dedication.
Together, let us realise the true potential of our nation.
Aaditya Thackeray – Minister, Maharashtra Govt. :
Heartiest congratulations to Smt Kalaben Delkar ji, Shiv Sena s newly elected Member of Parliament to the Lok Sabha from Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
I humbly thank all the karyakartas for their efforts and the citizens for their faith to ensure this huge win.
A special mention for the resolve of Smt Kalaben Delkar ji to contest the elections and win so as to give voice to her constituency.
And of course to Sanjay Raut ji’s efforts with Anil Desai ji, Abhinav Delkar and all those who campaigned for the Shiv Sena in the elections.
I have today sent my resignation to Congress President Ms Sonia Gandhi ji, listing my reasons for the resignation.Capt Amarinder Singh – Former Chief Minister, Punjab
‘Punjab Lok Congress’ is the name of the new party.
The registration is pending approval with the Election Commission.
The party symbol will be approved later.
On the auspicious occasion of Dhanteras joined the flag-off of the direct flight between Bhubaneswar & Jaipur along with Shri Jyotiraditya Scindia, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Shri Ashok Chandra Panda, Smt. Aprajita Sarangi, Shri Ramcharan Bohra, Shri Sasmit Patra and Shri Sujeet Kumar.
Direct flight connectivity between Bhubaneswar and Jaipur is another step forward in fulfilling PM Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of Purvodaya.
I thank PM and Shri Jyotiraditya Scindia for the continuous interventions to improve air connectivity in Odisha.
The civil aviation sector has the potential to bring a huge turnaround in the socio-economic development of Odisha.
Industry-based aviation linkages, development of civil aviation infrastructure, including airstrips across industrial belts of Odisha, greenfield airport at Khordha, commercial flight operations from Rourkela among others will be a game changer in making a future-ready Odisha.
The KBK region of Odisha is endowed with organic agri-produce of very high quality.
Leveraging drone technologies will bring a new revolution in the economy of the tribal-dominated Koraput region and also provide national and international markets for the local produce.
The liberalisation of drone policy is a landmark moment for India. I suggest the Ministry of Civil Aviation and the Govt. of Odisha to leverage India’s strength in innovation and work on a pilot to connect service utility through drones. This will benefit poor people living in remote Odisha.
Odisha is a hub of agriculture, tourism as well as knowledge.
The National Education Policy and initiatives, like Kisan Rail, Krishi Udaan will be instrumental in creating global linkages, boosting connectivity and shaping Odisha’s destiny in the 21st-century.
Mamata Banerjee – Chief Minister, West Bengal:
My heartiest congratulations to all the four winning candidates!
This victory is people’s victory, as it shows how Bengal will always choose development and unity over propaganda and hate politics.
With people’s blessings, we promise to continue taking Bengal to greater heights!
In Assam, BJP and allies are all set to register an emphatic win in all the 5 constituencies in the bye-polls by huge margins.Himanta Biswa – CM, Assam
This is a loud endorsement of people’s faith in the visionary leadership of PM Sri Narendra Modi.
Grateful to Sri Amit Shah and JP Nadda for your guidance.
Goa deserves capable leadership.Rahul Gandhi – former congress president
Goa deserves cultural conservation.
Goa deserves congenial development.
Goa deserves Congress.
I stand with Goa for a better tomorrow.
Delighted to get the opportunity to meet my friend, President Chan Santokhi of Suriname, a nation with which India has deep-rooted cultural linkages.PM Narendra Modi
You may recall I had mentioned his oath taking ceremony during one of the Mann Ki Baat programmes.
Met PM Sher Bahadur Deuba in Glasgow.PM Narendra Modi
It is important we keep working together for sustainable development.
He rightly highlighted the threat of climate change to the Himalayan region.
It is always a delight to interact with The Prince of Wales.PM NArendra Modi
His passion towards caring for the environment is outstanding.
He is at the forefront of many efforts to further sustainable development.
Had a great meeting with him in Glasgow.