Homecoming of Indian treasures!ARINDAM BAGCHI – MEA INDIA
157 Indian antiquities were returned by the Government of USA to the Government of India during the visit of PM Narendra Modi to USA.
Dr S Jaishankar – External Affairs Minister:
A powerful and impactful address by PM Narendra Modi to the UN General Assembly today.
12 big policy takeaways:
1. Representing the Mother of Democracy and based on his own experiences, PM affirms that democracy can deliver, democracy has delivered.
2. His governance vision is one where no one is left behind. Therefore, the pursuit of integrated and equitable development. The numbers PM shared speak for our Government’s record.
3. The impact of India’s development on global progress is evident. As PM noted, when India grows, the world grows; when India reforms, the world transforms.
4. A strong message of a foreign policy for global good. India’s importance as a responder and a contributor underlined.
5. Resumption of vaccine supplies to the world is one clear indicator in that regard.
6. Highlights the transformational role of technology in our daily lives. But equally, emphasized the significance of Technology with Democratic Values.
7. Diversified, resilient and expanded global value chains and production centers is in our collective interest.
8. Speaks of India’s strong record on climate action and its ambitious vision, including renewable energy goals and green hydrogen.
9. The ocean and its resources must be protected. This lifeline should be safeguarded from expansion and exclusion.
10. Cautions against regressive thinking and extremism. Using terrorism as a political tool will backfire on those practicing it.
11. On Afghanistan, must not allow use of its soil by terrorists. Nor should its predicament be taken advantage of by other states. The world has an obligation to its women, children and minorities.
12. The United Nations must enhance its effectiveness and reliability. There are questions on that count.
Krishna Byre Gowda – Former Minister, Karnataka:
Kolar Lake Dist.
Lakes were dry for 20-30 years.
People believed they will not see water in their lakes ever again.
Now, thanks to the the project of pumping treated waste water of BLR, nearly 100 lakes are full and overflowing.
Ever dry water channels are looking like rivers.
My GOV India:
PM Narendra Modi addresses the 76th session at the United Nations General Assembly in New York, USA; themed on ‘Building resilience through hope – to recover from Covid-19.
For the last 1.5 years, the world has been grappling with the worst pandemic it has seen in the 100 years. I pay tribute to all those who have lost their lives amidst this pandemic
I come from a country that is known as the mother of democracy. On 15th August, we have entered the 75th year of our independence. We take pride in our diversity
Our strength of our democracy is highlighted by the fact that a son of a tea seller is today the Prime Minister of the country
I represent a country that represents democracy and goes back to 1000 of years. India has entered its 75th year of independence. A country that has dozens of languages, 100 of dialects, cuisines & cultures depicts the vibrance of our democracy.
Today is the birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhayay, who advocated the philosophy of taking everyone along the development journey. An environment that is integrated & equal
The developing journey of India from individual to society and to the nation expanding to the entire humanity is dedicated to Antyodaya. It is with this principle in mind that India today is moving forward with the path of integrated development.
Development should be all-inclusive, all-nutritive, all-touching, all-pervading, it is our priority
Today, the world is grappling with the problem of polluted water. We are ensuring that this problem is addressed & piped, clean water reaches everyone
For the development of any nation, the citizens should have a record of the ownership of their properties. Today, with the help of drone mapping we have helped over 6 lakh people to help them provide digital records of their properties.
Today every 6th person in the world is Indian. When India grows, the world grows. When India reforms, the world transforms
India’s vaccine delivery platform CoWIN offers the platform that records millions of doses in a single day
India has developed the world’s first DNA vaccine that can be administered to anyone above the age of 12
Today, I invite the vaccine manufacturers from the world to make vaccine in India.
India is deeply responsible to the grievances of the world, that’s why we have resumed Vaccine Maitri initiative
The pandemic has taught us that global economy need to be diversified. Our Aatma Nirbhar Bharat campaign is inspired by this spirit
Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan is a campaign aligned with global industrial diversification: India is becoming the most reliable, suitable & sustainable partner for itself and the world
We must strike a balance between economy & ecology. Today, India is moving forward to meeting our target of 450 GW of renewable energy. We are working towards building India the hub of green hydrogen
India is focusing on experience based learning, we are nurturing thousands of Atal Tinkering Labs & building a strong startup ecosystem
The world is under a threat due to extremism and regressive thinking for which we need science-based learning
As we celebrate 75 years of independence as Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, India will launch 75 indigenous satellites.
The minorities of Afghanistan need help & we must fulfil our duty of providing that help
Our oceans are lifelines of international trade, we must protect them at all cost
Acharya Chanakya said that when right action is not taken at the right time, the time causes the action to fail. If UN wants to remain relevant, it needs to improve its effectiveness
It is essential we constantly strengthen UN if we want to protect global order, global laws & global values
I am certain that our collaborative efforts will make the world a safe and better place full of opportunities one day
I would like to end by quoting Rabindranath Tagore, ‘শুভ কর্মপথে ধর’ নির্ভয় গান। সব দুর্বল সংশয় হোক অবসান।’
This means “Boldly proceed on the path of good deed & may you overcome all the obstacles in the way”. Today, this quote is relevant to all responsible nations & UN
I am confident our efforts will enhance world peace & harmony. I am sure, collectively we will be able to build a healthy, safe & prosperous world
Pic Credit : BJP India
Building Resilience through hope to recover from COVID-19, rebuild sustainably, respond to the needs of the planet, respect the rights of people, and revitalise the United Nations!PM Narendra Modi at United nations via MEA India
On my way to Udupi, halted at the Surathkal Lighthouse and DGPS Station.Sarbananda sonowal – union minister
Was mesmerised by the beauty of the area.
India’s lighthouses have immense tourism potential and we will take all steps to develop these properties and attract more tourists.
An important day with the first in-person meeting with US President Joe Biden and the first in-person Quad Leaders’ Summit!Arindam bagchi – MEA India
Snippets from 24 September 2021, as engagements of PM Narendra Modi at Washington D.C. wrap up