Ministry of Communications:
PM Narendra Modi
In order to encourage our BPO industry, OSP guidelines that were liberalised in November 2020 have been simplified even further, offering greater ease of business and regulatory clarity. This will further reduce compliance burden & help our tech industry.
Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology, Communications and Law & Justice, announced in a press interaction today that Department of Telecommunication has further liberalized the guidelines for Other Service Providers (OSPs).
These entities are business process outsourcing (BPO) organisations giving Voice based services, in India and abroad.
The main features of the liberalised guidelines announced today are :-
- Distinction between Domestic and International OSPs has been removed. A BPO centre with common Telecom resources will now be able to serve customers located worldwide including in India.
- EPABX (Electronic Private Automatic Branch Exchange) of the OSP can be located anywhere in the world. OSPs apart from utilising EPABX services of the Telecom Service Providers can also locate their EPABX at third Party Data Centres in India.
- With the removal of the distinction between Domestic and International OSP centres, the interconnectivity between all types of OSP centres is now permitted.
- Remote Agents of OSP can now connect directly with the Centralised EPABX/ EPABX of the OSP/ EPABX of the customer using any technology including Broadband over wireline/ wireless.
- No restriction for data interconnectivity between any OSP centres of same company or group company or any unrelated company.
- It may be recalled that DoT has already exempted Data Based Services from the OSP regulations. In addition, the regulations exempted OSPs from requirement of any registration. Also, no Bank Guarantees were to be furnished. Work from Home and Work from Anywhere was also permitted.
- Penalties for violations were removed altogether reaffirming the trust Government has in business.
- Further liberalization of Guidelines today will provide a big fillip for growth of OSP industry in India. This will create immense opportunities, income and employment in India.
OSP reforms impact survey conducted by NASSCOM in April 2021, enumerated following important findings :
- Over 72% of the respondents mentioned that they are highly satisfied with the OSP reforms
- 95% of the respondent mentioned has helped in reducing the compliance burden and cost of doing business in India
- 95% of the respondent also stated that this will help in making IT services more competitive globally
- Another 77% of the respondent mentioned that OSP reforms has helped in increasing the productivity
- 92% of respondent stating that reforms also helped in reducing the financial burden on the companies
- 62% of the respondent mentioned that they will consider expanding their operation or will make fresh investments basis the OSP reforms
- 55% also mentioned that this will help in generating new employment opportunities and will enhance access to talent
Today’s reform will further help the BPM industry to reduce their establishment cost and creating synergies among different companies. Through these reforms more and more MNCs will get attracted towards India as a favorable destination and hence will lead to more FDIs.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare:
In another significant achievement, India’s cumulative COVID Vaccination Coverage crossed 30 crore (30,09,69,538), as per the 7 pm provisional report today.
As the new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June, more than 58.34 lakh Vaccine Doses administered today, as per the 7 pm provisional report.
41,23,073 vaccine doses were administered as first dose and 68,903 vaccine doses given as second dose in the age group 18-44 years today.
Cumulatively, 7,02,11,075 persons across 37 States/UTs have received their first dose and total 14,98,113 have received their second dose since the start of Phase-3 of the vaccination drive.
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal have administered more than 10 lakh beneficiaries of the age group 18-44 years for the first dose of COVID vaccine.
Measures taken by the Government on the fronts of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy reforms, investment facilitation and ease of doing business have resulted in increased FDI inflows into the country.
The following trends in India’s Foreign Direct Investment are an endorsement of its status as a preferred investment destination amongst global investors:
India has attracted total FDI inflow of US$ 6.24 billion during April, 2021 and it is 38% higher as compared toApril, 2020 (US$4.53 billion).
During April, 2021 FDI Equity inflows amounting to US$ 4.44 billion were reported in the country which is an increase of 60% over the FDI Equity inflow of April, 2020 (US$ 2.77 billion).
During April, 2021, Mauritius is the top investing country with 24% of the FDI Equity inflows, followed by Singapore (21%) and Japan (11%).
‘Computer Software & Hardware’ has emerged as the top sector during April, 2021 with around 24% share of the total FDI Equity inflow followed by Services Sector (23%) and Education Sector (8%) respectively.
Karnataka is the top recipient state during April, 2021 with 31% share of the total FDI Equity inflows, followed by Maharashtra (19%) and Delhi (15%).
Pinarayi Vijayan – Chief Minister, Kerala :
As a society, we need to reform the prevailing marriage system. Marriage must not be a pompous show of the family’s social status and wealth. Parents have to realise that the barbaric dowry system degrades our daughters as commodities. We must treat them better, as human beings.
A fair society is that which treats women and men as equals. In light of the recent horrifying incidents of domestic abuse, Kerala has decided to take more stringent measures to create a fair society. The Government and the people will stand together to end this injustice.
Men must accept the truth that women are not inferior and that they have equal rights. Youth organisations need to initiate awareness campaigns. Parents should make conscious efforts to inculcate such progressive attitudes in their children. We have to nurture a new culture.
Instead of fearing what the society would think, women facing domestic abuse need to raise their voice. The Government will stand by you and protect your rights. We will strengthen the already existing support systems and introduce innovative measures to provide assistance.
Domestic Conflict Resolution Center in every district works online to resolve complaints on atrocities against women. Directed the DGP to enhance its operations and resolve the complaints received without delay.
From now on, ‘Aparajitha’, the online service to resolve cyber crimes against women can be used to submit complaints on offences against women and domestic abuse too. Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9497996992.
A state nodal officer has been assigned to investigate and resolve complaints regarding dowry. A woman SI will be assisting the nodal officer. Complaints can be submitted on phone to 9497999955. Exhort everyone to use this services effectively. Let’s curb the social stigma!
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, will embark on a journey to Kanpur on a special Presidential train on June 25 from Safdarjung railway station in Delhi.
The train will make two stop-overs, at Jhinjhak and Rura of Kanpur Dehat, where the President will interact with his old acquaintances from his school days and from early days of his social service.
The two stop-overs are close to the President’s birthplace, village Paraunkh of Kanpur Dehat, where two functions to felicitate him are scheduled on June 27. As he boards the train, the President will be traveling down the memory lane that will cover a span of seven decades of his life right from his childhood to holding the top constitutional position in the country.
This is the first time that the President will visit his birthplace after taking over his present assignment. Though he desired to visit the place earlier, plans could not materialize because of the pandemic.
His choice of the mode of journey, by train, is in line with the tradition of a number of Presidents who took to train journey to connect with people in various parts of the country.
It would be after a gap of 15 years that an incumbent President will make a train journey. The last time a President travelled by train was in 2006 when Dr APJ Abdul Kalam boarded a special train from Delhi to Dehradun to attend a passing out parade of cadets at the Indian Military Academy (IMA).
Records show that the country’s first president, Dr Rajendra Prasad, often undertook train journeys. Soon after taking office as the President, he visited his birthplace, Ziradei in Siwan district, during his visit to Bihar. He boarded the President’s special train from Chhapra to reach Ziradei where he spent three days. He travelled across the country by train.
Dr Prasad’s successors also preferred train journeys to connect with the people of the country.
On June 28, the President will board the train at Kanpur Central railway station to reach Lucknow for his two-day visit to the state capital. On June 29, he will return to New Delhi on a special flight.
Dr Pramod Sawant – Chief Minister, Goa:
In view of request received from various student organisations and considering the present COVID19 pandemic situation in the state, I discussed the matter regarding the examination with all the concerned officials and Goa University.
It has been decided that no examinations under the purview of Goa University shall be held in physical mode in order to ensure the safety of the students.
Dr Sudhakar – Health Minister, Karnataka:
Cases hover around 4k in Karnataka today:
New cases in Karnataka: 4436
New cases in Bengaluru: 1008
Positivity rate: 2.59%
Today’s Discharges: 6455
Today’s Deaths: 123 (Bengaluru- 24)
Active Cases: 116450
Total tests today:170654
Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai via Vistadome:Piyush Goyal – union Minister
Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Western Ghats with the first ever Vistadome coach on this route.
The Mumbai-Pune Deccan Express Special Train having the Vistadome coach is all set to be restored on this route from 26th June 2021.
Always a pleasure to meet the men from my paltan 2 Sikh, where I got the honour to serve the Indian ArmyCapt Amarinder Singh – Chief Minister, Punjab
The path of love is not a tedious path. It’s a path of joy. It’s a path of singing and dancing. It’s not a desert. It is a valley of flowers:
Pic Credit: Sri Sri