Take a look at the outstanding aerial view of Double-Stack Container Train on the newly inaugurated Western Dedicated Freight Corridor.piyush goyal – union railway minister
P Chidambaram – Former Union Finance Minister:
“Not for the first time, the Allahabad High Court came to the rescue of an inter-faith couple and said no one may interfere in their personal lives”
The crucial words are “Not for the first time”
Is UP government above the law?
Do not the CM and the DGP believe in the ‘rule of law’?
It is a disgrace that despite repeated judgements in the so-called ‘love jihad’ cases, the UP government and police continue to slap cases on couples under the unconstitutional law.
Sukhbir Singh Badal – President, Akali Dal:
I request the union govt to set Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana free as a humanitarian gesture.
He has served nearly 2 life terms in prison.
All Cong leaders including Punjab CM Capt Amarinder should also back the release of Bhai Rajoana.
Setting Bhai Rajoana free would also be in consonance with Govt of India’s commitment to commute the former’s death sentence into life imprisonment as a special gesture to Sikh quom on the eve of the 550th Parkash Utsav of Shri Guru Nanak Dev ji.
Ministry of Railways via PIB India:
- Indian Railway has started the New Year by achieving a landmark achievement by drastically enhancing the maximum speed to 130 kmph for 1,280 km length out of 1,612 Km in Golden Quadrilateral – Golden Diagonal (GQ-GD) route.
- This covers the entire GQ-GD route over South Central Railway, except Vijayawada – Duvvada section, where signaling up-gradation work is in progress.
- The enhanced speed limits could be achieved due to the systematic and planned strengthening of track & its infrastructure by removing bottlenecks in these sections on a fast pace.
- This included heavier rails, laying of 260 meters Long welded rail panels, improvement of curves and gradients among others.
- Railways has utilized the opportunity of the Lockdown period and low train movement last year (due to the COVID-19 pandemic) to complete all necessary infrastructure up-gradation works.
- Based on these improvements done by the Zone, the RDSO/Lucknow conducted oscillation trials through Confirmatory Oscillograph Car Run (COCR) consisting of instrumented coaches of all classes at 130 Kmph speed during July and October last year.
- During this check, in addition to track parameters, other areas like Signaling aspect, Traction distribution equipment, Locomotive& coach fitness were also checked and recorded.
- Accordingly, the South Central Railway zone has received sanction to enhance the maximum speed limits to 130 kmph along the following routes:
- 1. Golden Diagonal (Grand Trunk) Route: 744 Route Km
- Ballarshah to Kazipet – 234 Rkm
- Kazipet-Vijayawada-Gudur – 510 Rkm
- Golden Quadrilateral Route (Chennai -Mumbai section): 536 Route Km
- Renigunta to Gooty – 281 Rkm
- Gooty to Wadi – 255Rkm
- Already, the maximum speed limits in the High-Density Network (HDN) between Secunderabad – Kazipet (132 Kms distance) had been enhanced to 130 kmph.
- As such, including both the Up and Down lines in these sections, a total of 2,824 kms (1412Rkms) has now been made fit to run at a speed of 130 kmph.
- This covers the entire GQ-GD route over SCR, except Vijayawada – Duvvada section, where signaling up-gradation work is in progress.
KTR – Minister, Telangana Govt. :
My compliments to Finance Minister T Harish Garu on a very unique initiative; Community Dairy Hostel
Leveraging common facilities and improving productivity for dairy farmers
PMO via PIB India :
The Prime Minister chaired a high-level meeting to review the status of COVID-19 in the country along with the preparedness of the State/UTs for COVID vaccination, today.
Meeting was attended by Cabinet Secretary, Principal Secretary to PM, Health Secretary, and other senior officials concerned.
The Prime Minister took a detailed and comprehensive review of status of COVID management covering various issues.
Emergency Use Authorisation or Accelerated Approval has been granted by the National Regulator for two vaccines (Covishield and Covaxin) which have established safety & immunogenicity.
The PM was also briefed about the preparedness status of the Centre in close collaboration with the State and UT governments for roll out of the vaccine in the near future.
The vaccination exercise in underpinned by the principles of
people’s participation (Jan Bhagidari);
utilizing experience of elections (booth strategy) and
Universal Immunization Program (UIP);
no compromise of existing healthcare services, especially national programs and primary health care; no compromise on scientific and regulatory norms, other SOPs; and an orderly and smooth implementation driven by technology.
The roll-out of COVID-19 vaccine will provide priority to the healthcare workers and the frontline workers who are estimated to be around 3 cr, followed by those above 50 years of age and the under-50 population groups with co-morbidities numbering around 27 cr.
The Prime Minister was also apprised about the Co-WIN Vaccine Delivery Management System.
The unique digital platform will provide real time information of vaccine stocks, their storage temperature and individualized tracking of beneficiaries of the COVID-19 vaccine.
This platform will assist the program managers across all levels through automated session allocation for pre-registered beneficiaries, their verification and for generating a digital certificate upon successful completion of the vaccine schedule.
More than 79 lakh beneficiaries have been already registered on the platform.
As the vaccinators and vaccine administrators comprise a crucial pillar of the vaccination exercise, their training process was detailed out.
2,360 participants were trained during national level Training of Trainers which comprised state immunization officers, cold chain officers, IEC officials, development partners etc.
More than 61,000 programme managers, 2 lakh vaccinators and 3.7 lakh other vaccination team members have been trained so far as part of trainings at States, Districts and Block levels.
The Prime Minister was also apprised on the three phases of dry runs having been conducted across the country.
The third dry run was conducted yesterday across 615 districts covering 4895 session sites in 33 States/UTs.
After the detailed review, it was decided that in view of the forthcoming festivals including Lohri, Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Magh Bihu etc., the COVID19 vaccination will start from 16th January 2021.
Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister :
Indian army jawans carried pregnant woman Shabnam Begum in labor to a hospital in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir, wading through knee-deep snow and braving sub-zero temperatures.
Later, she delivered a healthy baby boy. Jai jawan !
After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.Twitter Safety
In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action. Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open.
However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement.
The below is a comprehensive analysis of our policy enforcement approach in this case.
Narendra Modi, Prime Minister :
Shri Madhavsinh Solanki Ji was a formidable leader, playing a key role in Gujarat politics for decades. He will be remembered for his rich service to society.
Saddened by his demise. Spoke to his son, Bharat Solanki Ji and expressed condolences. Om Shanti.
Beyond politics, Shri Madhavsinh Solanki Ji enjoyed reading and was passionate about culture. Whenever I would meet him or speak to him, we would discuss books and he would tell me about a new book he recently read.
I will always cherish the interactions we had.