CM Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray’s speech at the launch of High throughput COVID-19 Testing facilities by ICMR’s Labs at Mumbai, Kolkata & Noida by Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji;
- CM Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray requested the PM for assistance in setting up an Immunological Laboratory and Research Centre in Maharashtra to aid the ongoing battle against coronavirus.
- He said the proposed centre would help combat viruses which have been plaguing the planet not just today but in the years to come.
- He informed about the “Corona Dakshata Samitis” which will be set up in each village in Maharashtra to check the spread of the coronavirus. These Samitis will be helmed by prominent local citizens who will ensure that precautionary measures are strictly adhered to by citizens.
- The Chief Minister also requested the Prime Minister to extend the continued and regular provision of N 95 masks and PPE kits to States after the proposed deadline of September. This will help the States to focus on extending medical facilities and treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- He thanked the Prime Minister for the new facility and for providing continuous support to the States in these critical times.