Media Briefing by Health Ministry on Coronavirus situation in the Country :
- More than 10 lakh patients in Indian have recovered from COVID19 so far, this is not just a big piece of good news but a big achievement as well It shows how our public health system worked together and saved more than 10 lakh lives
- The landmark recovery of more than 1 million COVID19 recoveries has been achieved due to the selfless work, dedication and commitment to duty, of our frontline health care workers, it is a time for us to stand up and applaud.
- COVID19 Recovery Rate is continuously rising From less than 8% in April, it is now more than 64%, informs Health Secretary.
- 16 states report a COVID19 recovery rate which is higher than the national rate.
- There is a continuous decrease in proportion of active COVID19 cases and a progressive increase in proportion of recovered cases.
- The COVID19 case load of India is 5.28 lakh, more than 10.2 lakh have recovered No. of recovered cases is 1.9 times more than that of active cases.
- India’s COVID19 case fatality rate at 2.21% is amongst the lowest in the world, except Russia, most developed western countries have a fatality rate which is 5-7 times higher than that of India.
- Based on 7-day rolling averages, 21 states and UTs have a COVID19 positivity rate which is less than 10% We are engaging with other states to help them change their testing strategy and reduce positivity rate.
- Herd Immunity is a kind of indirect protection from an infectious disease like COVID19; it happens only when a population becomes immune, either through vaccination or previous infection.
- Is developing HerdImmunity via previous COVID19 infection a strategic option/choice for India? No, it is not, in a country like India, with a population of roughly 138 crores, it can only be an outcome, at a very high cost.
- 24 COVID19 vaccine candidates in the world are under clinical evaluation – undergoing human trials, 141 vaccine candidates in pre-clinical evaluation stage – either in research / animal studies stage, 3 COVID19 vaccines are in Phase-3 clinical trials.
Also read :