Narendra Modi, Prime Minister :
- Today, on 11th September we in India mark two important milestones. The Jayanti of Acharya Vinoba Bhave. The day Swami Vivekananda delivered his outstanding address in Chicago. These great men have a lot to teach the entire humanity.
- In 1918 Bapu wrote about Acharya Vinoba Bhave- “I do not know in what terms to praise you. Your love and your character fascinate me and so also your self-examination. I am not fit to measure your worth.” Pranams to the venerable Acharya Vinoba Bhave on his 125th Jayanti.
- Acharya Vinoba Bhave was one of the most devout followers of Mahatma Gandhi. He placed great emphasis on social empowerment and education. His passion towards Gau Seva was exemplary. He endeared himself to several people due to his humility and simplicity.
- Swami Vivekananda’s address in 1893 perfectly demonstrated the spirit of India’s ethos and the values that are an integral part of our land. I urge youngsters to read the text of his address.
- The world remembers 9/11 for the dastardly attack on this day in USA. If only humankind had walked on the path of ‘Jai Jagat’ given by Acharya Vinoba Bhave & Swami Vivekananda’s message of Universal Brotherhood given in 1893, the destruction that followed would not have occurred.