Special Congress Party Briefing by Congress Leader RS Surjewala via video conferencing :
- Demonetisation, GST and lockdown have proved to be disaster strokes, not masterstrokes. Today, there is economic devastation in the country
- Modi government destroyed the economy by its ‘act of fraud’ for 6 years. They now want to pin the blame on ‘act of God’ i.e. God. Those who are betraying even God, how will they spare human beings and the economy?
- The annual per capita income for 2019-20 is estimated at ₹ 1,35,050. GDP in the first quarter of 2020-21 is -24%. If GDP for the entire year is -11%, then income of the common man will be reduced by ₹ 14,900 annually
- People have completely lost trust in the government. Ask small and medium scale industries, they will tell you that neither banks give loans nor is there any credibility in what the Finance Minister says
- The 20 lakh crore ‘Jumla Economic Package’ of Modi government also failed to help the sinking economy, economic devastation and falling GDP. What greater proof of lost faith would there be.
- More than 10 crore jobs were lost during lockdown in the unorganized sector. Only a quarter of the country’s 6.3 crore MSME units are able to produce 50% of their capacity. Most businesses have shut or are on the verge of closure.
- According to SBI’s report dated September 1, 2020, GDP for 2020-21 will be -10.9 percent.
- Modi Government has filed an affidavit in Supreme Court conveying its decision to not extend the moratorium on payment of EMIs by salaried class and the middle class beyond 31st August, 2020. Modi Government has refused to provide interest waiver also.