PM Narendra Modi :
- National Sports Day is a day to celebrate the remarkable achievements of all those exemplary sportspersons who have represented India in various sports and made our nation proud. Their tenacity and determination are outstanding.
- Today, on National Sports Day, we pay tributes to Major Dhyan Chand, whose magic with the hockey stick can never be forgotten.
- This is also a day to laud the outstanding support given by the families, coaches and support staff towards the success of our talented athletes.
- Government of India is making numerous efforts to popularise sports and support sporting talent in India.
- At the same time, I urge everyone to make sports and fitness exercises a part of their daily routine. There are many benefits of doing so.
- May everyone be happy and healthy!