Telangana CMO :
- Telangana CM Sri K. Chandrashekar Rao congratulated the State’s Municipal Administration Dept. for not putting people to any inconvenience despite the heavy rains and floods in Hyderabad, other cities and towns.
- CM reviewed the situation in Hyderabad, Karimnagar and other cities and towns as well as Warangal.
- In this context, Minister KTR explained about the precautions they have taken and measures that they are implementing.
- “With heavy rains lashing, we have initiated relief measures on a war footing in all the Corporations, Municipalities in the State. We have set up 45 Relief camps and shifted people from the low lying areas and other vulnerable areas to these camps.
- In Warangal city itself, we have shifted 4750 people to the relief camps. We have also shifted people from 1898 houses, which are in dilapidated condition. For the past two years, we are organising Disaster Relief Force in Hyderabad.
- 339 well-trained staff of this team are taking up the relief work. These people have 50 well-equipped vehicles. We are using Disaster Relief Force in Warangal and Karimnagar cities as they are used in Hyderabad.
- DRF is trained and prepared in such a manner that it can be deputed to undertake any calamity in the State. Apart from this, we have set up Monsoon Emergency Teams in all the cities and towns. We are taking swift action against any problem,” Sri KTR explained.
- CM urged that after studying other countries, metro cities in the country, a Disaster Management Manual should be prepared for the State. CM said during the calamities, professionalism should be displayed while taking the measures.