P Chidambaram – Former Union Finance Minister :
- To the average citizen who is mystified by the orders of the HC and SC, the following passage in simple English should be easy to understand.
- In 1992, the SC ruled: “Having regard to the constitutional scheme in the Tenth Schedule, judicial review should not cover any stage prior to the making of a decision by the Speakers/Chairmen; and no quia timet actions are permissible”
- Those words are simple and clear enough.
- That statement of the law by 5 judges was binding on all courts, HC or SC.
- Now, dear average citizen, you be the judge.