Congress Party briefing by party leader Kapil Sibal via INC India:
- Our MLAs are sitting in the Raj Bhavan and no such decision has yet come from the Governor.
- Whenever the Government insists that the session should begin, the governor should not delay it
- I think the definition of democracy has changed in the last few years.
- In the definition of democracy today, the Governor will not take the advice of governments but will seek advice from elsewhere
- In the new definition of democracy – you topple elected governments, tempt people for money among other things.
- Similarly, turn majority numbers to minority, topple the Govt and administer the oath to the Chief Minister
- Telling the Speaker not to take action is a new definition of democracy
- Everyone should accept what the government says without any opposition- if this is the new definition of democracy, then why are the institutions working? What work do institutions have?