Dr R P Nishank, Union Cabinet Minister for Human Resource Development :
- I, along with MoS for HRD Sanjay DhotreMP ji, had a brainstorming session on “Stay in India and Study in India” with the senior officers from HRDMinistry, UGC, AICTE, ACC, and AIU.
- Due to the current COVID-19 situation, many students who wanted to pursue studies abroad have decided to stay back and pursue the studies in India, and students who are already pursuing studies abroad wish to come back to India.
- I have advised HRD Ministry to make efforts to:
- Address the needs of the students aspiring to go abroad and take some initiatives to retain them by providing appropriate opportunities of education in premier institutions in India.
- Addressing the concerns of students returning from abroad by supporting them to complete their programme here in India.
- I have also asked the Chairman of UGC to head a committee to prepare guidelines and measures to ensure that more and more students study in India and come out with a mechanism to increase students’ intake in well-performing institutionsand also various other measures that @HRDMinistry can take to achieve the desired objectives.