I reassure our brave farmers that SAD will never stand any discrimination against them. We will not allow anyone to tinker with MSP and assured marketing policy: Sukhbir Singh Badal – President, Shiromani Akali Dal
- Despite promising in its election manifesto to amend the APMC Act, the Congress party is now playing politics on this issue by misleading farmers that the MSP and assured marketing system would end. This is furthest from the truth.
- Akali Dal is a party of farmers so it understands their problems. We have always fought for their rights.
- I reassure our brave farmers that SAD will never stand for any discrimination against them. We will not allow anyone to tinker with MSP and assured marketing policy.
- We will take up the issue in Parliament and also get an assurance from GOI there.
- I am also ready to accompany farmer organizations and seek whatever clarifications they need from the Union agriculture minister @nstomar ji regarding MSP & assured marketing of wheat & paddy.
- .@capt_amarinder is directly responsible for the plight of the maize farmers of Punjab as against an MSP of Rs 1,825/quintal, maize is being sold at Rs 600 to Rs 800/q in Doaba region.
- Govt should include maize in PDS system and purchase the same on MSP to save the growers.
- We demand a CBI probe into the multi-crore farm equipment scam that took place in Punjab.
- The machinery so purchased was more expensive than that available in the open market and of poor quality also. State officials have colluded with politicians to loot the State exchequer.