- Aam Aadmi Party suspends councilor Tahir Hussain till the completion of the investigation into the incidents of violence in Delhi
- AAP and Congress are instigating unrest in Delhi: Union Minister @PrakashJavdekar
- ‘ That was my last Judicial act as a judge of this Court.’, says Justice S Muralidhar as he finishes pronouncing the judgement. Several young members of the Bar express their gratitude. ‘You are an inspiration’, lawyers in Court No. 38 of the Delhi HC say in unison : Bar & Bench
- Transfer of Hon’ble Justice Muralidhar was done pursuant to the recommendation dated 12.02.2020 of the Supreme Court collegium headed by Chief Justice of India. While transferring the judge consent of the judge is taken. The well settled process have been followed : Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Remembering the brave Judge Loya, who wasn’t transferred : Rahul Gandhi
- The midnight transfer of Justice Muralidhar isn’t shocking given the current dispensation, but it is certainly sad & shameful. Millions of Indians have faith in a resilient & upright judiciary, the government’s attempts to muzzle justice & break their faith are deplorable : Priyanka Gandhi
- Petition filed in Delhi HC against registration of FIR against Sonia, Rahul and Priyanka Gandhi as well as Manish Sisodia, Waris Pathan, Akbaruddin Owaisi, Mehmood Pracha, Amanatullah Khan for hate speech: @Bar&Bench
- A delegation from the Indian National Congress led by Smt Sonia Gandhi and Dr Manmohan Singh called on President Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Centre notifies transfer of Justice Muralidhar to Punjab & Haryana High Court : Bar & Bench
- As against cited shortages of police personnel in Delhi, it is stated that there is adequate strength of forces on ground since this Monday. Based on professional assessment, 73 Coys of CAPFs deployed in addition to 40 Coys of @DelhiPolice. Situation under control : @PIBHomeAffairs
- India evacuates 112 people from Wuhan including 36 citizens of 7 foreign countries – Bangladesh, Myanmar, South Africa, US, Madagascar, China and 2 Maldivians among them : @HCIMaldives
- Birthday greetings to Karnataka’s hardworking CM @BSYBJP Ji. He is passionately working for the state’s progress, especially on farmer welfare and rural development. I pray for his long life and good health : PM Modi
PM @narendramodi receives Myanmarese President
PM @narendramodi receives Myanmarese President U Win Myint at Hyderabad House today, ahead of their discussions
The Delhi government has drawn a relief plan to help affected families:
@ArvindKejriwal – Delhi CM
- Strict punishment should be given to all those who have incited the riots. If anyone from AAP is involved he should be given double the punishment.
- Family of those killed in violence will receive a compensation of Rs 10 lakhs, those injured will receive Rs 2 lakhs.
- Riot victims will get free treatment even in Private Hospitals under Farishtey Dilli Ke scheme. Delhi Govt wil provide all medical assistance to the victims.
- The work of providing food to people in areas where curfew is imposed has also been started by the Delhi government.
‘What will the GDP number be according to the calculation of the government?’
P Chidambaram, @PChidambaram_IN, Former Finance Minister:
- FM said she will not speculate on the GDP number.
- She is right, but she can certainly calculate the GDP number.
- SBI has done it. So have others.
- GDP for the third quarter is expected to be 4.5%.
- What will the GDP number be according to the calculation of the government?
- If the Q3 GDP number turns out to be about 4.5%, the FM should not be surprised.
- The whole country is resigned to another depressing number.
‘While transferring a judge consent of the judge is taken’
@rsprasad – Ravi Shankar Prasad :
- Transfer of Hon’ble Justice Muralidhar was done pursuant to the recommendation dated 12.02.2020 of the Supreme Court collegium headed by Chief Justice of India. While transferring the judge consent of the judge is taken. The well settled process have been followed.
- By politicising a routine transfer, Congress has yet again displayed its scant regard for the judiciary. People of India have rejected Congress Party and hence it is hell bent on destroying the very institutions India cherishes by constantly attacking them.
- The Loya judgement has been well settled by the Supreme Court. Those raising questions do not respect the judgment of the Apex Court pronounced after elaborate arguments. Does Rahul Gandhi consider himself above even the Supreme Court?
- We respect independence of judiciary. Record of Congress in compromising independence of judiciary, superseding judges even of Supreme Court during Emergency is well known.They rejoice only when the judgment is of their liking otherwise raise questions on the institutions itself.
- The Party, which is the private property of one family, has no right to lecture about objectionable speeches. The family & it’s cronies have routinely used the harshest words against the Courts, the Army, the CAG, the PM and the people of India.
‘Centre and Delhi Govt have remained mute spectators’
Congress President Sonia Gandhi spoke to the media at Rashtrapati Bhavan after submitting a memorandum to President Kovind about the situation in Delhi:
“Instead of taking active steps to remedy or diffuse the situation, the Central Govt as also the newly elected Delhi Govt, have remained mute spectators as completely mindless rage, designed violence and organised looting has continued unabated”
Congress delegation meets President Kovind
The Indian National Congress delegation led by Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Dr Manmohan Singh with President Kovind when they called on him at noon today at Rashtrapati Bhavan
‘AAP and Congress are instigating unrest in Delhi’
Union Minister @PrakashJavdekar addressed the medai at BJP HQ today. Excerpts
- AAP and Congress are instigating unrest in Delhi
- Why are the other political parties silent on the attacks on the 56 policemen?
- Why are they silent on Ankit Sharma and the death of another police officer?
- The situation in North-East Delhi is under control.
- Arrests have been made, inquiries have been fast-tracked
- A lot of stuff that would cause violence was found at AAP MLA Tahir Hussain’s house. Why is Congress silent on this?
- Mani Shankar Aiyyar went to Pakistan & said: “we find hope in Shaheen Bagh”.
- Salman Khurshid and Shashi Tharoor have supported protests like this.
Myanmarese President at Rajghat
Myanmarese President U Win Myint and Daw Cho Cho pay respects to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat