- We are wheels up for India, where @realDonaldTrump & @FLOTUS have a full agenda building upon our many shared values & strategic/economic interests. Looking forward to a trip meant to further demonstrate the strong & enduring ties between our two countries!: Stephanie Grisham @PressSec
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the Nation in this month’s edition of ‘Mann Ki Baat‘
- ‘POTUS says America First, why is PM quiet on India First?’ : RS Surjewala
- Today morning at around 1030h a Mig 29k aircraft on a routine training sortie crashed off Goa. The pilot of the aircraft ejected safely and has been recovered. An enquiry to investigate the incident has been ordered : Indian Navy
Departing for India with Melania!
‘What we know is but just a handful of sand; what we do not know is like a universe in itself’
PM Modi’s Mann Ki Baat with the Nation :
- Friends, it is a matter of pride for us that for next 3 years, India will chair the COP convention on migratory species. Do send in your suggestions on lending more substance to this opportunity, making it more useful.
- It is a matter of joy that our India, and especially Meghalaya is home to a rare species. It lends a new facet to India’s bio-diversity.
- The great Tamil poetess Avvaiyar writes -”Katrathu Kai man alavu Kalladathu Ulagalavu”- This means, what we know is but just a handful of sand; what we do not know is like a universe in itself.
- My dear countrymen, the beautiful valleys of Ladakh witnessed a momentous event on 31st January 2020, for History, was made when an Indian Air Force AN32 aircraft took off from Leh’s Kushok Bakula Rimpoche Airport.
- Notably, BiojetFuel is prepared from non-edible tree borne oil. It is procured from various tribal areas of India. These efforts will not only reduce carbon emissions but may also reduce India’s dependence on crude oil imports.
The stage is set!
Raveesh Kumar, @MEAIndia – Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs:
- The stage is set!
- President Donald Trump along with Melania Trump is arriving in India tomorrow.
- PM Narendra Modi and President Donald Trump, as the leaders of the two largest democracies in the world, take our bilateral relationship to new heights.
‘Look so forward to being with my great friends in INDIA!’
President Donald Trump along with Melania Trump is arriving in India tomorrow
‘POTUS says America First, why is PM quiet on India First?’
@rssurjewala – Randeep Singh Surjewala – Congress Leader :
- Trump Govt’s restrictive immigration policies have hit H-1B visas. Indians get 70% of 85000 H-1B Visas. Now, Rejection Rate for India has increased from 6% in 2015 to 24% in 2019, esp. for IT professionals Post 10 million ppl gala event,Will PM Modi ask for easing H-1B visas?
- US prepares to sign deal with Taliban on 29Feb. What about India’s red lines! Have we forgotten IC814hijacking & release of terrorist Masood Azhar in Kandhar,who’s JeM then attacked Parliament & Pulwama? As gala bash unfolds,Will Modiji raise our National Security concerns?
- Continuing since 1974, US removed India from Duty Free Imports i.e GSP on 5 June,2019 It has affected the $5.6 billion Indian exports to the US, especially gems,jewellery,rice,leather Post ‘Howdy Modi’ & ‘Namaste Trump’ gala events, Will PM ensure restoration of GSP status?
- Uptill 2018, India imported 250Cr ton Crude Oil/month from Iran on ₹payment, 90 days credit & doorstep delivery Modi govt stopped buying cheaper Iran oil as per US sanctions that raised oil prices in India As fest continues in AMD, Will Modiji secure cheaper oil for India?
- India’s exports of $761 million of Steel to US fell by 50% to $372 million as Trump Govt hiked tariffs on import by 25% As India commits to $3 billion Defense purchases, why zero relief for India’s export of steel? @POTUS says America First, why is PM quiet on India First?
“Ideal Chief Minister” award to Punjab CM
Pranab Mukherjee – Former President of India:
- “Democracy & Republicanism are two values which we must not only strive to protect, but also cherish, celebrate & treasure.”
- Addressed the delegates & conferred the “Ideal Chief Minister” Award on Punjab CM @capt_amrinder Singh at the valedictory of 10th Bhartiya Chhatra Sansad.
On the sidelines of G20 Saudi Arabia
- Finance Minister @nsitharaman holds a bilateral meeting with Mr Mohammed Al-Jadaan, Minister of Finance, Saudi Arabia, on the sidelines of #G20SaudiArabia in Riyadh today.
BJP National President JP Nadda reeives a rousing welcome on his arrival in Kishangarh, Rajasthan
Extended a warm welcome to Sri Prahlad Modi – Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s brother, to our home. Vimala Sashikumar of the party’s women’s morcha was also present: BS Yediyurappa – CM of Karnataka
‘The first ever #KheloIndia University Games in Odisha is going well’
Kiren Rijiju @KirenRijiju – Union Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports:
- Athletes are happy with proper food, accommodation, high-tech registration process, top class playing venues, high quality live telecast by Star Sports, proper medical care, top class officials and volunteers.
- The first ever #KheloIndia #UniversityGames in Odisha is going well
‘A boat ride to sites going back to over 2000 yrs’
Kiran Bedi @thekiranbedi – Lt Governor Puducherry:
- Visited some valuable areas of Puducherry being developed as very attractive tourist places for future.
- This is happening thanks to the generous financial support from GOVT of India.
- Soon we shall have a convention centre/s, a boat ride to sites going back to over 2000 yrs & more
Khelo India – Medals tally
- First day medal tally of the #KheloIndia University Games 2020.
- With 4 Golds and 3 Silvers, Jain University from Karnataka is ranked at Number 1.
Indian Naval Sailing Vessels Mhadei and Tarini set sail for Bay of Bengal Offshore Sailing Expedition
- Indian Naval Sailing Vessels Mhadei and Tarini set sail for the Bay of Bengal Offshore Sailing Expedition on 22 February 2020 from the Indian Naval Ocean Sailing Node at Goa.
- The expedition was flagged off by Rear Admiral SJ Singh, Commandant Naval War College, Goa.
- This would be the maiden major mixed crew sailing expedition of the Indian Navy with crew composition of five naval officers including two women officers in each boat, covering a total distance of 6,100 Nautical miles each and will be at sea for 55 days.
- The prolonged voyage of nearly three months during this expedition would showcase harnessing of renewal energy namely wind energy to propel the boats.
- The sailing vessels as part of the expedition would make replenishment halts at ports of Phuket, Yangon, Chittagong and Colombo, wherein interaction with various state officials would be conducted including harbour sorties for visiting dignitaries.
‘Met experts at the International Conference on Banana’
@TRBRajaa – DMK MLA :
- Met experts at the International Conference on #Banana 2020 being held in #Trichy last evening. Fabulous insights into hybrid varieties of Bananas being developed.
- #ValueAddition which is key to boost #FarmerRevenues.
- Saw some fascinating genetical traits of some varieties
- (Saw) The only #Banana in the world that grows downwards