Best wishes to the people of Arunachal Pradesh on their Statehood Day. This state is synonymous with patriotism and unwavering commitment to national progress. Praying for Arunachal Pradesh’s continuous growth: PM Modi
On the occasion of their Statehood Day, greetings to the wonderful people of Mizoram. We are proud of the rich culture of this state. Those belonging to Mizoram have excelled in many spheres and contributed to India’s growth. Praying for Mizoram’s development in the coming years: PM Modi
Ambassadors, High Commissioners & Diplomatic Officials from 60 Countries interacted with Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman at India Foundation’s Breakfast Briefing Session on Union Budget 2020
Pic Credit: @indfoundation
‘Another example of the BJP government’s shortsightedness..’
P Chidambaram, @PChidambaram_IN – Former Union Finance Minister:
- Nothing can be more anti-farmer than the central government’s decision to reduce its contribution to the Crop Insurance Scheme.
- Making crop insurance voluntary for loanee farmers is another retrograde step.
- What is required is to bring more cropped area under crop insurance. The new decisions will reduce the coverage putting millions of farmers at risk.
- Another example of the BJP government’s shortsightedness and misplaced priorities.
‘I want to tell the people of Northeast that Article 371 would not be touched’
Amit Shah, @AmitSHah – Union Home Minister:
- There are different ways of greeting each other in various parts of India. Arunachal Pradesh is the only state in India where people greet each other with a ‘Jai Hind’ whenever they meet.
- Today, 33 years ago, Arunachal Pradesh was formed, opening the road to development for the people who lived in this region. This land is crucial for India in several ways.
- I want to assure you that all capitals of Northeast will be connected to road and air connectivity.
- The 14th Finance Commission saw a 251% hike in the budget allocation for the Northeast compared to the 13th Finance Commission under PM Modi.
- Under Congress’ regime, 89,168 crores were allotted for the region. Under PM Modi, the number rose to 3.13 lakh crore.
- After the abrogation of Article 370, a lot of rumours were spread that Article 371, too, would be abrogated.
- Today, on the Statehood Day of Arunachal Pradesh, I want to tell the people of Northeast that Article 371 would not be touched.
- 27 tribes and over 120 sub-tribes are a specialty of the region. I want to assure everyone in Arunachal that protecting the rights and cultural heritage of these tribes and sub-tribes is a responsibility of the Govt and we will continue to deliver the same.
Pic Credit: @AmitShah
Spoke about CAA and the 11 MLAs case in the TN Assembly today: MK Stalin – DMK President
‘I renew my appeal to CWC to hold leadership elections’
Shashi Tharoor, @ShashiTharoor – MP for Thiruvananthapuram:
- What Sandeep Dikshit said openly is what dozens of party leaders from across the country are saying privately, including many with responsible positions in the Party.
- I renew my appeal to CWC to hold leadership elections to energise workers & inspire voters.
- Some have asked who should vote & for what.
- I was referring to my earlier call eight months ago for elections among the 10,000 party workers who constitute the “AICC plus PCC delegates” list.
- These should be for the elected seats in the CWC as well as for the Party Presidency.
‘As a person who has spent many years working with Americans..’
As a person who has spent many years working with Americans in the US, I find the gaudy advertisements and gushing of Indian government officials for US President Donald Trump and carnival ambience in the welcome proposed, will have a counter effect in the minds of Americans.Dr Subramanian Swamy
‘We have adopted seven resolutions and we will ensure complete implementation of the same’
Ashok Gehlot, @ashokgehlot51 – Chief Minister of Rajasthan:
The Seven Resolutions of our Budget are:
- Nirogi Rajasthan
- Prosperous Farmers
- Welfare of women, children & elderly
- Competent Workers,
- Students & Youth Promoting education
- Improve availability of water, electricity and ensure better roads
- Skill & Technique
Pic Credit: @ashokgehlot51
Addressed a meeting of Bharatiya Janata Party functionaires in Amritsar, Punjab.
We have to work together to build national unity, integrity and ‘Nav Bharat’ by uniting people with the ideology and principles of the organization: JP Nadda
Pic Credit: @JPNadda
‘Our presence here will further popularize Indian cinema’
Dr. S Jaishankar, @DrSJaishankar – External Affairs Minister :
- Inaugurated the India Pavillion at 70th @berlinale, one of the largest public international film festivals.
- Congratulate the Indian entries selected this year.
- Our presence here will further popularize Indian cinema & facilitate new business opportunities.
Pic Courtesy : @DrSJaishankar
RSS Chief Dr Mohan Bhagwat speaks on Foreign Intellectuals’s view on the word ‘Nationalism’
Planted a sapling at Raj Bhawan in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh: Amit Shah
Pic Credit: @AmitShah