Finance Ministry via PIB :
- The gross GST revenue collected in the month of August, 2020 is ₹ 86,449 crore of which
- CGST is ₹ 15,906 crore,
- SGST is ₹ 21,064 crore,
- IGST is ₹ 42,264 crore (including ₹ 19,179 crore collected on import of goods) and
- Cess is ₹7,215 crore (including ₹ 673 crore collected on import of goods).
- The government has settled ₹ 18,216 crore to CGST and ₹ 14,650 crore to SGST from IGST as regular settlement.
- The total revenue earned by Central Government and the State Governments after regular settlement in the month of August, 2020 is ₹ 34,122 crore for CGST and ₹ 35,714 crore for the SGST.
- The revenues for the month are 88% of the GST revenues in the same month last year.
- During the month, the revenues from import of goods were 77% and the revenues from domestic transaction (including import of services) were 92% of the revenues from these sources during the same month last year.
- It may also be noted that the taxpayers with turnover less than Rs. 5 crore continue to enjoy relaxation in filing of returns till September.
- The chart shows trends in monthly gross GST revenues during the current year.
The table shows the state-wise figures of GST collected in each State during the month of August 2020 as compared to August 2019 and for the full year